Saturday 22 December 2012

apologies



My Apologies...

Unfortunately the BFG was not outside my window last night and so I found it incredibly difficult to go back to sleep. As I switched on my kindle, the battery life caught my attention. Dang it! The red light. I had forgotten to charge my kindle during the day. Oh well, I would be able to read at least a couple of chapters.

 But, what to read since I had only yesterday finished Forged by Greed by Angela Orlowski-Peart. I knew there were a few other books that I needed to read and review but I couldn’t remember if I had put them on my kindle yet, or if they were still in my email :S
Luckily, I found a book and began to read. I finished the first chapter and I’m afraid to say I couldn’t read no more. From reading my blog you probably think that I love every book I have read, since I only post positive reviews. I wish that was true but it’s not. There are a ton of books out there that I just can’t get into, or manage finishing.

It’s a shame because not all books suit me. You see, it’s like in Harry Potter when the wand chooses the wizard. Well, I am of the opinion that the book chooses the reader. If it just so happens that you find yourself reading a book that you don’t enjoy that doesn’t necessarily mean there is something wrong with the book, you might not be suited to read it.

I had this problem this morning, and it didn’t help that the book was erotic fiction. Now, I’m quite selective when I agree to review a book for an author, and I just don’t enjoy reading erotic fiction so I don’t know how I made the mistake of agreeing to read this one :S Erotica is very popular but it’s not one of my genres and I’m sorry for agreeing to read and review that book. I don’t like to disappoint.

So, for all you authors out there, if I don’t finish reading your book I won’t review it because I’m afraid your book doesn’t like me. I would rather not write a negative review when it’s not the book or the author’s fault, it’s mine.

My Apologies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment