Wednesday 9 January 2013

Waiting on weds #2

Waiting on Wednesday #2 
 
Hello everyone! Today I will be posting my second waiting on wednesday, although technically this should have been the first on. I believe that 'waiting on weds' is intended for books that are going to be released in the near future, however I am cheating just a leeeetle bit.
 
The book I have selected has been released this January yet I still have not purchased it *bows head in shame*. I am trying to catch up with all of the reviews I have promised that I have not allowed myself to purchase it yet, until I am on track.

I have heard oh so much about this book, read amazing reviews, and am following the lovely author on twitter too!
 
So, this week's Spotlight is on...
Title: Splintered
Author: A.G. Howard
Publication date: 1 Jan 2013
Publisher: Amulet Books
About:
 
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.
When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Praise for Splintered:
"Attention to costume and setting render this a visually rich read..."
--
Kirkus Reviews

"It’s a deft, complex metamorphosis of this children’s fantasy made more enticing by competing romantic interests, a psychedelic setting, and more mad violence than its original."
--
Booklist


Source: Goodreads

After, reading the above how can I not want to read this. I love Alice in Wonderland the book and movies (especially Johny Depp in the Tim Burton movie) and so when I heard about this book in 2012 I was very excited.

Let us hope I can quickly get on track with my current reviews so I can begin Splintered ASAP!

Happy Wednesday!
Zed (:

You can purchase Splintered from Amazon via these links:
 
Amazon - Hardcover

Amazon - audible edition
 
Follow A.G. Howard on twitter: @aghowardwrites

No comments:

Post a Comment