Tuesday 6 January 2015

Teaser Tuesday - 6th Jan 2015


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read

• Open to a random page
 Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
 Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser was taken from Follow me Down by Tanya Byrne:





She isn't putting on an act; she bites her nails and doodles in class and sulks when she doesn't get her own way, like every other teenager. She's normal, I guess, and at a school where everyone says the right thing and wears the right thing and laughs at the right jokes, she's a splash of graffiti on the wood-panelled walls. 
  

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the comparison of her personality to a splash of graffiti. So clever and original! This sounds like a book I'd enjoy reading.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya Byrne's writing is amazing in this book...
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is a great depiction of a teenager, I love the writing as I did in The Heart Shaped Bruise. Thanks for visiting my TT https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesday-january-6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cleo, I haven't read the Heart Shaped Bruise but I am definitely reading that soon (after the zillion other books on my tbr pile)!

      Delete
  3. Great description! I wouldn't pay to go back to school though - tough times - especially being different!! Thank you for coming by mine today too!
    http://mydogearedpurpose.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesday-january-6th-happy-new-year/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I hated Secondary School but I loved College and University. I've yet to meet someone who enjoyed all three.

      Delete
  4. Intriguing description, thanks for the teaser. PS noticed on your sidebar is to read ASAP is Unhinged I really want to read that one too.

    My TT- http://mamaknowsbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unhinged has been on my sidebar since early 2014, I am beyond irritated at myself for not having read it yet especially since I believe Ensnared is out now too!
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Love the descriptions...and how she is like a splash of graffiti. I am definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete